Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Regrets....ish.

Lately, I have been very sad that I am not having an October, fall-colored wedding, outdoors, in New England. It is crazy. I have never wanted an outdoor wedding. I have always wanted, since I was 21, to be married in Las Vegas. And I always had June 23rd in mind as a date. When my ex used that as his wedding date I needed to change it, but I never ever ever considered any months except April through June.

And yet now, I am sad, that I didn't take more time thinking about colors, and themes, and even venues.

So after alot of thought today, i am strongly leaning towards changing some of my wedding colors/themes. Nothing I have already chosen, just what I could change. Being - Summer's dress color (chocolate brown instead of canary yellow), placecards/tablemarkers - bronze maple leaf holders instead of playing card style holders and a fall table marker instead of doing the Aces, kings, queens theme I was considering. Plus, some fall-ish decorations at the reception. I'm not talking pumpkins, though if I were having that dream NE wedding I would. I am thinking leaves and fall colors added to the Maggiano's centerpieces. Just some simple fall decorations.

I've decided to list what I love, and what I want to change about my wedding. Because most of it, I love.

My dress - I love it. Its perfect. When I put it on, I knew it was THE ONE. Of course, too much "Say Yes to the Dress" is bad for you, and has me wondering if I should have tried more on at other salons. But I know this dress is fabulous.

My rings - love them. Sure, I love LOTS of rings. And I look at other ones and think, hmmm..that would have been pretty. But my ring is my ring and its gorgeous.

Brad's ring - so happy with his choice. :) It is PERFECT.

Vegas - In the end, I am happy about it. I'm struggling because my grandmother might not be able to make it, and Lindsay can't make it. And the whole NE/Fall thing...but I am sure I am going to be thrilled with Vegas. Vegas is me. Vegas is us.

Maggianos - no question, I am THRILLED with it! And the food

My cake - it is perfect. And it will fit nicely with my fall colors, as the ribbons on it already are bronze and burgundy.

My flowers - I love the white calla lillies with the burgundy flowers mixed in. And the burgundy ribbons on them. Those will be just perfect.

My bridal party - I love them. I could leave my sister out though. She isn't holding back rubbing in my face every chance she gets that she has to pay to come out for the wedding and that she can't move out because she has to pay for the wedding and that she needs a second job to pay for the wedding. A wedding, mind you, where I am paying for the bridesmaids dresses and jewelry. All Heather has to do is airfare and hotel, which the other guests are not griping to me about. So if Heather doesn't show up, I really don't care. I would prefer to know BEFORE I purchase her dress, however. If she doesn't show, She WILL be paying for it, though, I'll make sure of that.

The groomsmen - they will be fantastic. :)

The date - as I said, regretting it right now, but all in all, April 23rd is really the ideal date.

The color theme - I always pictured burgundy or teal. But burgundy was what I pictured for a long time. (Once I was over my purple everything phase). I'm getting burgundy AND teal. I want to change the yellow out though, for chocolate. I think, if I had that October wedding though, my colors would be more of a red wine (burgundy I suppose), and orange and yellow. So yeah. The color scheme, it isn't ideal. It's not my dream wedding. But I am satisfied.

The music - I am not happy with my current playlist. It needs major re-tooling. Although I have stuff for all ages, it seems very immature, and customized for ME, not for the rest of the wedding guests. I want music I love, but I also don't want people to be like "WTF?" So that needs work.

The honeymoon - GOING TO BE AH-MAZING :) We're staying at the Palms. 3 nights at Wynn then 6 at the Palms. MMMM Heaven. We're going on a helicopter ride, and a tour of a ghost town.

That's it. At least. That's what I can remember right now :)

3 comments:

revhufft said...

Hello,
Did you post on a wedding chat site about a sand ceremony including your future daughter in law? You mentioned Trista & Ryan sand ceremony. I have those words listed in Google search.
My name is Rev. Clint Hufft. I was the officiant for Trista and Ryan's wedding ceremony. Would you like to discuss ceremony options, including variations on the sand ceremony? It would be my honor to help.
Rev. Clint

Melissa Whittaker said...

Hello.

That was me that posted regarding Trisa & Ryan's ceremony, yes.

However, I am being married at Wynn in Las Vegas, and they will provide a minister, so I wouldn't unfortunately be able to use your services :( (They are very strict about how their ceremonies are handled - I can't even bring in my own flowers!).

That is pretty awesome of you to contact me though, and if you wouldn't mind sharing how to perform the ceremony using my future stepdaugher, I'd love the information.

You can email me at:
melissasvenson@yahoo.com

Thanks again! And, I must say, I just LOVED their ceremony, and thought you were fabulous! I think I even commented on it to my fiance! :)

-Melissa

Manuel Rios said...

Congratulations!
There are a lot of decisions but the most important one has already been made...the one to say "I do."

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online